Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine. -Proverbs 3:9-10 ESV
First Fruits Principles
- Given at the Beginning: By first fruits offerings, we sanctify our whole life and all we love. (Rom 11:16)
- It’s a Pattern not Legalism: We honor the King of Kings with the first and the best. Graciously, He honors us (Heb 11:4)
- Generosity: is a key indicator of our love. (2 Cor 8:8)
- According to What We Have: Amazingly, our offerings take us beyond our present circumstances (2 Cor 8:12, Mark 12:41-44)
- Comparable to Planting Seeds: We sow seed into the soil of God’s love, releasing the potential of His great and precious promises. (2 Cor 9:6-7)
- Proportional: The same measure we use for giving is the measure used for increase! (Luke 6:38)
- Releases God’s Creative Ability: God works with what we have!
Don’t let what you don’t have overrule what you do have! (2 Cor 9:8)
Four Keys to First Fruits
- Cyclical: It can be annual or at the beginning of a significant new endeavor
- In Faith: By responding to God’s leading beyond our ability, we cooperate with His intention to increase our “measure. (Prov 3:5-6)
- Sacrificial: If it doesn’t move us, it probably won’t move God (2 Sam 24:24)
- Focused: Praying, family discussion, and waiting quietly are some of the ways to identify desired “harvests” which reflect the God-given passions of your heart and are based on God’s Word
- PRAY for God’s direction, expecting to hear or be guided in your thoughts. Then set an amount to sow.
- CONSECRATE your dreams and desires with prayers of declaration.
- BRING your First Fruits offering for consecration.
Things to Remember:
Pledges are acceptable.
No fear guarantee-If vou get “carried away” and realize later that you overextended, we will refund your offering for a period of 2 weeks.